Date: Saturday, November 9 2019
Time: 03:00 - 07:00 (GMT)
Games Master: Hector Trelane
Minimum Players: 2 Maximum Players: 4
Booked: 0 Pending: 0
Fiasco: a game of Powerful Ambition and Poor Impulse Control
About the Game
“THINGS CAN GO WRONG, FAST…
“Maybe some dude from youth group talked you into boosting a case of motor oil, but now your cousin is dead in a swamp and you killed him.”
“Maybe you and your girlfriend figured you could scare your wife into a divorce, but things went pear-shaped and now a gang of cranked-up skinheads with latex gloves and a pit bull are looking for you. It seemed like such a good idea at the time.”
“Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small-time capers gone disastrously wrong – particularly films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably collapse into a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.”
- Session Time: Convert to your time zone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Fiasco+%5BLearn+to+Play%5D%3A+a+game+of+Powerful+Ambition+and+Poor+Impulse+Control&iso=20191108T22&p1=417&ah=4
- Number of Players: 2-4
- Short Description: If you’ve never played this ground-breaking classic, you owe it to yourself to try this game out! FIASCO is an award-winning, GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with six-sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust. It’s like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it’d take to watch one.
- Text/Voice: Voice via Discord (using the Fantasy Grounds Community channel)
- GM License/Player License: Ultimate GM License (Players can use free/demo client)
- Game System: Fiasco
- Genre: Neo-noir dark comedy
- Newbie Friendly: Yes! Beginners welcome–no experience required. Easy-to-pick-up rules will be taught.
- Pre-requisites: N/A
- Pregenerated characters?: N/A–we’ll make characters on the fly as part of The Setup phase.
- Mature themes: Plots and events will resemble a rated R movie (so this isn’t a game for kids).
Movie Quotes that Inspired the Game:
adapter on it.
–Joe Sarno, The Way of the Gun
Here are just a few of the key ingredients: Dynamite, pole vaulting,
laughing gas, choppers − can you see how incredible this is going
to be? Hang gliding, come on!
–Dignan, Bottle Rocket
A burglar broke in intending to loot the place, uh, repented, became
despondent over his lifestyle and shot himself.
–Freddy Bender, Intolerable Cruelty
There’s no money, there’s no weed. It’s all been replaced by a pile
–Tom, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The playsets (scenarios) for the basic set, which we’ll choose from when we start the game include:
Main Street (…in a nice southern town)
Boomtown (…in the wild west)
Tales from Suburbia (…in a suburban community)
The Ice (…in McMurdo Station, Antarctica)
Bookings for all Events open on Friday 11th October 2019 at 12:00 noon GMT.